- How long do my Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate and Developing Application approvals last?
- Should you build a dual occupancy or a granny flat?
- Why does your dual occupancy home project need a Complying Development Certificate?
- 4 tips for a stunning home from luxury Australian designers and architects
- Construction in Sydney: does every project need building development approval?
- What are the advantages of a manor style home?
- 4 additions for your townhouse floor plan to make it seem larger
- How do you make the design of your dual occupancy home attractive to renters?
- Building designers: 5 reasons to convince you they’re worth the hire
- What does a designer consider when planning your luxury home?
- Designing a home in a post-COVID era: How architect firms and draftsmen Sydney are responding to the “new normal”
- How to find the right duplex designer and architect for your new home
- Luxury homes in Sydney: 5 features architects target for luxury living
- 5 tips for designing a dual occupancy home
- 4 steps to acquiring a Construction Certificate and Development Application approval in Sydney
- How to achieve a cost-effective building design
- Luxury home designers name 5 must-have features
- How to plan your home’s layout effectively with a professional.
- What is complying development? A comprehensive guide
- 10 vital reasons to obtain an Occupation Certificate before moving into or using a new building
- What is a design team’s step-by-step process?
- 6 budget-friendly building design and renovation tips
- Manor house designs: everything you need to know
- Why you should invest in the design of your dual occupancy home
- 5 trends to incorporate in your luxury home design
- What can you expect from ES Design’s residential design service consultation?
- Property construction and renovation: your guide to development approval
- What is the online process of acquiring a complying development certificate?
- Making the most of your space through clever architecture
- Architectural drafting services: What is the difference between an architect and a draftsman?
- Architectural design trends
4 tips for a stunning home from luxury Australian designers and architects - 6 Aug, 2021
As designers, we’re well aware of how difficult designing a home can be. There are many factors to take into account and a lot of conceptualisation behind designing the perfect home. For luxury homes, professional designers and architects at ES design often recommend that homeowners practise restraint as it can be incredibly easy to go overboard with luxury furnishings, features, and opulent interior designs.
After years in this industry, our designers and architects have developed a plethora of handy tips that we’d love to share with our clients. Luxury homes have, surprisingly, been a lot more challenging to design because it requires the organisation and inclusion of many more features. The possibilities are endless with luxury homes, however, it doesn’t always mean that everything should be included. In our experience, the saying “less is more” rings true for many home designs.
Why designers and architects are integral to the design of your luxury home
Before we dive into the tips from our in-house designers and architects, let's first discuss why they’re so important to the design of your home. Designers and architects are valuable resources for your home. They have studied building design and architecture and understand the common mistakes that eager homeowners make.
Upon our initial consultation, a member of our team will discuss what you want from your home and what you think would be fruitful for your future and evolving lifestyle. This may sound simple, however, it is instrumental in ensuring that your home is not just luxurious, but also functional and versatile.
You’d be amazed at how many of our clients don’t realise that they aren’t sure what they want or need from their homes! With guidance and advice from our team, they eventually determine what features they need to be incorporated into their home’s design.
4 tips for your luxury home straight from our building designers
Topography is everything
If you’re planning to design your luxury home, it’s likely that you have already bought a lot or have an idea of where you want your home to be located. Most luxury homes that we have helped design are surrounded by beautiful landscapes and impressive views. If you’re one of those lucky homes, then our advice is to capitalise on it.
There’s nothing more luxurious or impressive than a beautiful view. In your design, ensure that you incorporate large glass windows or position rooms that you and your family will spend a lot of time in where the view can be best seen and appreciated.
Prioritise specific featuresThough a luxury home often has a very high and flexible budget, it doesn’t mean that you should splurge on every feature. Clients often spend large amounts of money on ‘luxury’ features that don’t mean a lot to them and end up either spending much more than they budgeted for or running out of money.
We advise clients to spend money on lavish features that they will either use frequently or hold valuable. For example, if swimming is a client’s preferred form of exercise, then consider splurging on an infinity or indoor pool.
Consider function as well as flow
This tip is not exclusive to luxury homes, but it is certainly worth mentioning. Always consider the flow of your floor plan as well as its functionality. Though open floor plans are the most popular and preferred floor plan, for clients who frequently hold meetings and appointments or regularly work from home, it will not be optimal (depending on the line of work they're in). On the other hand, if you have a beautiful view, you’ll want an open floor plan so that you can appreciate the view from any angle of the home.
Use natural light with your luxury features
Natural light is one of the best features to capitalise on. Though any type of home can utilise it, when harnessed in conjunction with luxury features, the results can be phenomenal. If you plan on incorporating a gorgeous chandelier in your home, then place it in a room where large windows allow natural light to bounce off the chandelier.
At ES Design, our team works with you to ensure that you get exactly what you want from your home. We know that the design and architecture of your luxury home are extremely important, which is why we’re more than happy to provide you with all of our building design tips. Luxury properties are more than just magnificent structures, they’re homes. We’ll help you turn your luxury home into all that you dreamed of.
To find out more about our design services, call us on (02) 9787 2000.
- How long do my Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate and Developing Application approvals last? - 22 Sep, 2021
- Should you build a dual occupancy or a granny flat? - 14 Sep, 2021
- Why does your dual occupancy home project need a Complying Development Certificate? - 25 Aug, 2021
- 4 tips for a stunning home from luxury Australian designers and architects - 6 Aug, 2021
- Construction in Sydney: does every project need building development approval? - 22 Jul, 2021
- What are the advantages of a manor style home? - 16 Jul, 2021
- 4 additions for your townhouse floor plan to make it seem larger - 8 Jul, 2021
- How do you make the design of your dual occupancy home attractive to renters? - 28 Jun, 2021
- Building designers: 5 reasons to convince you they’re worth the hire - 21 May, 2021
- What does a designer consider when planning your luxury home? - 4 May, 2021