- Everything you need to know about a Construction Certificate
- Forever home vs. investment property: how to choose between different types of residential developments
- How long do my Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate and Developing Application approvals last?
- Should you build a dual occupancy or a granny flat?
- Why does your dual occupancy home project need a Complying Development Certificate?
- 4 tips for a stunning home from luxury Australian designers and architects
- Construction in Sydney: does every project need building development approval?
- What are the advantages of a manor style home?
- 4 additions for your townhouse floor plan to make it seem larger
- How do you make the design of your dual occupancy home attractive to renters?
- Building designers: 5 reasons to convince you they’re worth the hire
- What does a designer consider when planning your luxury home?
- Designing a home in a post-COVID era: How architect firms and draftsmen Sydney are responding to the “new normal”
- How to find the right duplex designer and architect for your new home
- Luxury homes in Sydney: 5 features architects target for luxury living
- 5 tips for designing a dual occupancy home
- 4 steps to acquiring a Construction Certificate and Development Application approval in Sydney
- How to achieve a cost-effective building design
- Luxury home designers name 5 must-have features
- How to plan your home’s layout effectively with a professional.
- What is complying development? A comprehensive guide
- 10 vital reasons to obtain an Occupation Certificate before moving into or using a new building
- What is a design team’s step-by-step process?
- 6 budget-friendly building design and renovation tips
- Manor house designs: everything you need to know
- Why you should invest in the design of your dual occupancy home
- 5 trends to incorporate in your luxury home design
- What can you expect from ES Design’s residential design service consultation?
- Property construction and renovation: your guide to development approval
- What is the online process of acquiring a complying development certificate?
- Making the most of your space through clever architecture
- Architectural drafting services: What is the difference between an architect and a draftsman?
- Architectural design trends
Designing a home in a post-COVID era: How architect firms and draftsmen Sydney are responding to the “new normal” - 8 Apr, 2021
In 2021, we’re seeing a great shift in home design trends that have forced architect firms in Sydney, as well as draftsmen, to reconsider their approach. According to realestate.com.au, the top five features in new homes and renovations which are of greater importance now include allowing for more natural lighting; larger living spaces; greater outdoor entertaining areas; and accounting for a home office space. Optimising the area and emphasising wellbeing, these considerations are causing an inevitable shift now, and in future.
Finding the right fit to design your dream home
It is essential to understand that architecture and design is an art form in itself that should be valued and appreciated. With so many skilled professionals in the industry, how do you find the right fit?
When seeking your dream home or duplex designer, it is essential to take into account their:
— Solution-focused mindset
— Professional knowledge
— Creative and innovative thinking ability
— Adaptive design application
— Understanding of local council and government regulations
— Flexibility and adaptability
Top 3 trends applied by architect firms and draftsmen Sydney
1 — open living spaces: with people spending more time indoors and/or hosting more in their homes, we are seeing a growing trend in open living spaces. Although open-plan living has been a growing trend for years, now more than ever are people opting for this layout, rather than equipping their homes with more bedrooms, studies, bathrooms and storage spaces.
2 — home offices: in the wake of the pandemic, many individuals and organisations were operating from home, most of which have only now started with staggered returns and/or the option for employees to continue to work from home. As a result, renovation and construction plans are now accounting for this trend with dedicated home office spaces in their plans.
3 — outdoor entertainment areas: outdoor spaces should never be undervalued. Whether in the form of a terrace, patio or even rooftop garden, outdoor living areas are becoming increasingly popular and meeting a shift in behaviour seeing more spending time outdoors. Seamless indoor-outdoor flow also optimises natural light and fresh air.
Working with ES Design is a collaborative process, as we facilitate the design and execution of dream homes coming to life. To find out more about how we can assist with your next project, write to us.
- Everything you need to know about a Construction Certificate - 1 Nov, 2021
- Forever home vs. investment property: how to choose between different types of residential developments - 13 Oct, 2021
- How long do my Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate and Developing Application approvals last? - 22 Sep, 2021
- Should you build a dual occupancy or a granny flat? - 14 Sep, 2021
- Why does your dual occupancy home project need a Complying Development Certificate? - 25 Aug, 2021
- 4 tips for a stunning home from luxury Australian designers and architects - 6 Aug, 2021
- Construction in Sydney: does every project need building development approval? - 22 Jul, 2021
- What are the advantages of a manor style home? - 16 Jul, 2021
- 4 additions for your townhouse floor plan to make it seem larger - 8 Jul, 2021
- How do you make the design of your dual occupancy home attractive to renters? - 28 Jun, 2021