- Designing a home in a post-COVID era: How architect firms and draftsmen Sydney are responding to the “new normal”
- How to find the right duplex designer and architect for your new home
- Luxury homes in Sydney: 5 features architects target for luxury living
- 5 tips for designing a dual occupancy home
- 4 steps to acquiring a Construction Certificate and Development Application approval in Sydney
- How to achieve a cost-effective building design
- Luxury home designers name 5 must-have features
- How to plan your home’s layout effectively with a professional.
- What is complying development? A comprehensive guide
- 10 vital reasons to obtain an Occupation Certificate before moving into or using a new building
- What is a design team’s step-by-step process?
- 6 budget-friendly building design and renovation tips
- Manor house designs: everything you need to know
- Why you should invest in the design of your dual occupancy home
- 5 trends to incorporate in your luxury home design
- What can you expect from ES Design’s residential design service consultation?
- Property construction and renovation: your guide to development approval
- What is the online process of acquiring a complying development certificate?
- Making the most of your space through clever architecture
- Architectural drafting services: What is the difference between an architect and a draftsman?
- Architectural design trends
How to find the right duplex designer and architect for your new home - 19 Mar, 2021
When it comes to a home’s functionality and aesthetic, a large portion of the responsibility rests on the shoulders of the designers and architects on the project. A duplex house contains two residences, either on top of each like apartments or next to each other like townhouses. This unique layout makes the design and architecture of your property even more complex than a regular house, and more difficult to execute effectively.
Usually, with duplexes, a person lives in one and sells or rents the other residence. For many people, this is the beauty of living in a duplex. While beneficial, it also makes it even more pertinent that the design and architecture of your duplex home be clever. Half of your home will need to be marketed to either be sold or rented, which is the primary reason why it is important that you find the right architect and designer.
What value do the services of a designer and architect bring to a duplex?
A designer and architect will do much more for a project than execute their primary roles. Here are a few of the benefits that will bring value to your project.
Advise you on the latest property trends on the market.
Design a home according to your lifestyle needs.
Provide design suggestions to accommodate your future and architecture advice that will last transcend time and trends.
Liaise with other parties to relay your design and architectural requirements and needs.
Combine your wants with what is marketable to prepare for possible future rental or sale.
These are just of the benefits of hiring a professional architect and designer. But, how do you find the right professionals for the job?
ES Design’s top 3 guidelines for finding the right designer and architect for a duplex
#1 Determine your style and needs
Finding the right person for the job begins with you. If you do not know what you need or what you want your duplex to look like, then how will you find a professional who can execute your project?
Browse through magazines, find examples online and even create your own mood to create visuals of the design that you are interested in. You’ll also want to discuss with your family what you want from the interior of your home and what they would like to see in the secondary residence. Do you need two bedrooms or three? Would you like a half bathroom or a full guest bathroom? These answers, while simple, take a lot more deliberation than you realise.
You don’t have to have a complete and solid idea of the design or architecture of your home as professionals are meant to guide you and consult with you about what is suitable. However, it’s worth getting a general idea of your needs as it will help in your search for an architect and designer.
#2 Set up an initial consultation
An initial consultation will give you an opportunity to interview the architect or designer and tell them a bit about your project. Initial consultation has enormous potential and is usually when you determine if the company is right for you..
Use this as an opportunity to get to know more about the architect or designer’s process. You can try asking the following questions.
Can I see some examples of your work?
How would you approach this project?
What do you recommend for this duplex based on my goals/future/family?
How long will this project take for design, building permits and construction?
These questions won’t only give you insight into the professionalism of the company, but it will also give you an idea of what can be done for you.
#3 Examine examples of their work
We mentioned above that you should request examples of their work. This is in the event that it is not readily available on their website. When you get the opportunity to look at their work, carefully assess it according to what you want for your own project.
In addition to ensuring work on a duplex, look for similarities in style, the size of the property that they worked on and any other special features that you would like included in your duplex.
At ES Design, we work with you to ensure that you get exactly what you want from your duplex. We know how important the design and architecture of a project is, especially if your livelihood depends on it, and thus, will work to ensure that we provide you with the best advice and guidance possible so that your duplex’s potential is maximised. To find out more about our services, call us on (02) 9787 2000.
- Designing a home in a post-COVID era: How architect firms and draftsmen Sydney are responding to the “new normal” - 8 Apr, 2021
- How to find the right duplex designer and architect for your new home - 19 Mar, 2021
- Luxury homes in Sydney: 5 features architects target for luxury living - 8 Mar, 2021
- 5 tips for designing a dual occupancy home - 23 Feb, 2021
- 4 steps to acquiring a Construction Certificate and Development Application approval in Sydney - 2 Feb, 2021
- How to achieve a cost-effective building design - 27 Jan, 2021
- Luxury home designers name 5 must-have features - 5 Jan, 2021
- How to plan your home’s layout effectively with a professional. - 22 Dec, 2020
- What is complying development? A comprehensive guide - 15 Dec, 2020
- 10 vital reasons to obtain an Occupation Certificate before moving into or using a new building - 3 Dec, 2020