- How long do my Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate and Developing Application approvals last?
- Should you build a dual occupancy or a granny flat?
- Why does your dual occupancy home project need a Complying Development Certificate?
- 4 tips for a stunning home from luxury Australian designers and architects
- Construction in Sydney: does every project need building development approval?
- What are the advantages of a manor style home?
- 4 additions for your townhouse floor plan to make it seem larger
- How do you make the design of your dual occupancy home attractive to renters?
- Building designers: 5 reasons to convince you they’re worth the hire
- What does a designer consider when planning your luxury home?
- Designing a home in a post-COVID era: How architect firms and draftsmen Sydney are responding to the “new normal”
- How to find the right duplex designer and architect for your new home
- Luxury homes in Sydney: 5 features architects target for luxury living
- 5 tips for designing a dual occupancy home
- 4 steps to acquiring a Construction Certificate and Development Application approval in Sydney
- How to achieve a cost-effective building design
- Luxury home designers name 5 must-have features
- How to plan your home’s layout effectively with a professional.
- What is complying development? A comprehensive guide
- 10 vital reasons to obtain an Occupation Certificate before moving into or using a new building
- What is a design team’s step-by-step process?
- 6 budget-friendly building design and renovation tips
- Manor house designs: everything you need to know
- Why you should invest in the design of your dual occupancy home
- 5 trends to incorporate in your luxury home design
- What can you expect from ES Design’s residential design service consultation?
- Property construction and renovation: your guide to development approval
- What is the online process of acquiring a complying development certificate?
- Making the most of your space through clever architecture
- Architectural drafting services: What is the difference between an architect and a draftsman?
- Architectural design trends
What does a designer consider when planning your luxury home? - 4 May, 2021
Luxury homes are sights to behold. Impeccable craftsmanship and thoughtful designs are just some of the elements that make luxury homes visually appealing and a joy to live in. Developing an effective luxury home requires restraint from the designer. At ES Design, we understand why clients want as much as possible from their luxury home design, especially when finances are not limited, however, with luxury homes, less is more.
What should you expect from ES Design’s luxury homes designs?
With modern luxury homes, our ES Design team approaches every element thoughtfully and with purpose in mind. Just because your home is luxurious, doesn’t mean that you need to include useless features. In our initial meeting with our client, we determine what they want from their luxury home, ensuring that the design is developed around their core needs and wants as well as contemporary luxury residential trends. This approach allows us to design a home that is a pleasure to live in.
What can you do to aid with your home’s luxury design?
While our team will use our training, experience and expertise to develop a design that encapsulates your wants, needs, lifestyle and contemporary design trends, there are a few things that you can do to bring your luxury design to life.
Be honest and thorough about what you want from your home
This will help our team to develop an initial design that reflects your lifestyle comprehensively. Carefully think about how you live your life and what you’ll benefit from rather than what your neighbours or other luxury homes have.
Select your location carefully
As designers, there’s little control that we have over your location; the most that we can do is advise. If you can splurge on a coveted postcode, then go for it! If not, then select one in a mid-to-high socioeconomic residential area. It helps to pick a spot with a beautiful view or surroundings; you can use this to frame your home’s design.
Now that we’ve covered the client’s portion, let’s review how our team designs luxury homes.
4 elements our team considers when designing a luxury home
Its surroundings/nearby views
When a client has a magnificent view or is surrounded by nature, it’s likely that they paid the price for it, especially if they’re located in Sydney. Views and nature cannot be manufactured, and really impressive surroundings are hard to come by. For this reason, we use the surroundings and views of a location as central to the design of a luxury home.
With this approach, the client is guaranteed to have a unique and luxuriously designed home. Depending on the surroundings of the home, our team, in collaboration with the client, may decide to design the designated room (it is usually the room where most time is spent) according to where the view is best seen from.
The client’s needs through a lavish lens
Every client has needs and wants for their home, whether for a standard residential property or a luxury home. As designers for a luxury home, we take these needs and wants and turn them into lavish amenities. Here’s a brief overview of how we approach basic needs and wants from a client.
|Client wants/needs||ES Design’s lavish amenity recommendations|
|Kitchen||Grand professional kitchens with wine cellar|
|Dining room||Alfresco dining|
|Bathroom||Spa-like bathrooms and saunas|
|Living room||Outdoor living rooms/Entertainment (home theatre) rooms|
|Home gym||Fully furnished gym with infinity swimming pool|
Home automation will be a standard quality for future homes, but for right now, it is reserved for luxury homes. We highly recommend to our clients that they implement smart locks and security, smart climate control, and smart kitchen appliances.
While everyone should be striving for sustainability in their homes, luxury homes have the budget to harness sustainability in more than one way. Vegetable gardens and orchards are a highly recommended design feature along with green roofs and walls, solar panels and LED lighting. There are a number of sustainability features available to luxury homeowners, our team’s task is to help you decide which suits your lifestyle and wants best.
At ES Design, our team works with you to ensure that you get exactly what you want from your luxury homes. While we know that the design and architecture of your luxury home are extremely important, we also know that its practicality and functionality are a priority. For this reason, our team will collaborate with you and other parties to ensure that the home of your dreams becomes a reality.
We understand that luxury residential properties don’t just require professionalism and expertise, but also collaboration with our clients so that we can execute plans and designs that perfectly reflect your idea of luxury. To find out more about our luxury residential services, call us on (02) 9787 2000.
- How long do my Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate and Developing Application approvals last? - 22 Sep, 2021
- Should you build a dual occupancy or a granny flat? - 14 Sep, 2021
- Why does your dual occupancy home project need a Complying Development Certificate? - 25 Aug, 2021
- 4 tips for a stunning home from luxury Australian designers and architects - 6 Aug, 2021
- Construction in Sydney: does every project need building development approval? - 22 Jul, 2021
- What are the advantages of a manor style home? - 16 Jul, 2021
- 4 additions for your townhouse floor plan to make it seem larger - 8 Jul, 2021
- How do you make the design of your dual occupancy home attractive to renters? - 28 Jun, 2021
- Building designers: 5 reasons to convince you they’re worth the hire - 21 May, 2021
- What does a designer consider when planning your luxury home? - 4 May, 2021