- Construction in Sydney: does every project need building development approval?
- What are the advantages of a manor style home?
- 4 additions for your townhouse floor plan to make it seem larger
- How do you make the design of your dual occupancy home attractive to renters?
- Building designers: 5 reasons to convince you they’re worth the hire
- What does a designer consider when planning your luxury home?
- Designing a home in a post-COVID era: How architect firms and draftsmen Sydney are responding to the “new normal”
- How to find the right duplex designer and architect for your new home
- Luxury homes in Sydney: 5 features architects target for luxury living
- 5 tips for designing a dual occupancy home
- 4 steps to acquiring a Construction Certificate and Development Application approval in Sydney
- How to achieve a cost-effective building design
- Luxury home designers name 5 must-have features
- How to plan your home’s layout effectively with a professional.
- What is complying development? A comprehensive guide
- 10 vital reasons to obtain an Occupation Certificate before moving into or using a new building
- What is a design team’s step-by-step process?
- 6 budget-friendly building design and renovation tips
- Manor house designs: everything you need to know
- Why you should invest in the design of your dual occupancy home
- 5 trends to incorporate in your luxury home design
- What can you expect from ES Design’s residential design service consultation?
- Property construction and renovation: your guide to development approval
- What is the online process of acquiring a complying development certificate?
- Making the most of your space through clever architecture
- Architectural drafting services: What is the difference between an architect and a draftsman?
- Architectural design trends
Why you should invest in the design of your dual occupancy home - 12 Oct, 2020
If you’ve made the exciting decision to construct a dual occupancy home, then you most definitely will want to ensure that the large investment you are about to make pays off. But, just how do you guarantee that your dual occupancy home will be designed and constructed in both aesthetically pleasing and valuable ways? You invest in dual occupancy design services. Dual occupancy design services ensure that the future plans and your intention for the property are realised in your design. Furthermore, it gives you an avenue to flesh out your future plans and determine what you need from your dual occupancy home.
What is a dual occupancy home?
For many, the construction of a dual occupancy home is more than just a residence for themselves, it’s an investment for life. According to the New South Wales Government, a detached dual property home is a property that has two detached dwellings on one lot of land, but that does not include a secondary dwelling. A dual occupancy (attached) means 2 dwellings on one lot of land that are attached to each other but does not include a secondary dwelling
Is a dual occupancy home design right for you?
Now that you know exactly what a dual occupancy home is, how do you know if it’s right for you? Generally, dual occupancy home designs are suited for almost anyone because of its high rental and resale value. In short, it’s a brilliant investment. Specifically, here’s who is most likely to benefit from a dual occupancy home:
People in search of affordable options
Families searching for an option to accommodate multiple generations
Developers and investors searching to benefit from increased rental demand and a booming housing market
Young couples who want a home that’s larger than an apartment but smaller than an entire house.
As you can see, a wide variety of people can benefit from a dual occupancy home, making its design even more important. Let’s discuss why you should consider investing in a dual occupancy design.
Reasons to invest in dual occupancy design for your Sydney home
Maximise your space
Remember that you are essentially two residences on one plot of land. It’s important for the comfort of yourself and the other occupants that you maximise your space, including all the necessary amenities. Maximising your land’s space does not mean building as much as possible on your land – bigger is not always better. Instead, it means finding the right balance on your property and ensuring, according to whatever your needs may be, that it is reflected in the design of your dual occupancy home.
Even though a dual occupancy home is an excellent investment, many people do not exactly know what they want or need the residence to be. Here are some reasons that you may be designing your dual occupancy home:
Live and rent the other residence
Sell or, possibly live with the intention to sell within a few years
Rent both residences
Live and utilise the other residence for aging parents or grown offspring
The above reasons require different elements in your dual occupancy home which is why it is important that you know exactly what you want your home to be. A dual occupancy design team will be able to guide you through your wants and future plans and design a home that best suits you.
Depending on what you want your home to be, you may require specific elements. For example, if you intend for your home to also house your ailing parents then you may want one portion of the residence to be accessible. Accessibility in homes can be complex as many different elements need to be altered in order to accommodate an impaired or elderly person. A dual occupancy team will be able to draft a design plan according to these special needs, ensuring that you incorporate exactly what you need.
Lastly, design services for dual occupancy homes significantly increase the value of a property. This is especially true if you let us know that your future plans involve selling or renting the property. After a design team's experience with thousands of projects, they will know exactly how to design your dual occupancy home according to market trends and demographics that will enable you to maximise your earning potential.
At ES Design, our team will work with you to ensure that every measure is taken to guarantee the success of your dream home. With personalised attention and advice from a team with decades of experience, rest easy knowing that your luxury home will reflect your personality, needs and requirements. To find out more about our services, call us on (02) 9787 2000.
- Construction in Sydney: does every project need building development approval? - 22 Jul, 2021
- What are the advantages of a manor style home? - 16 Jul, 2021
- 4 additions for your townhouse floor plan to make it seem larger - 8 Jul, 2021
- How do you make the design of your dual occupancy home attractive to renters? - 28 Jun, 2021
- Building designers: 5 reasons to convince you they’re worth the hire - 21 May, 2021
- What does a designer consider when planning your luxury home? - 4 May, 2021
- Designing a home in a post-COVID era: How architect firms and draftsmen Sydney are responding to the “new normal” - 8 Apr, 2021
- How to find the right duplex designer and architect for your new home - 19 Mar, 2021
- Luxury homes in Sydney: 5 features architects target for luxury living - 8 Mar, 2021
- 5 tips for designing a dual occupancy home - 23 Feb, 2021