- Building Ministers’ Meeting establishes new minimum standards for accessible dwellings
- Clause 4.6 of the Standard Instrument LEP currently in review
- 4 steps to acquiring a Construction Certificate and Development Application approval in Sydney
- How to achieve a cost-effective building design
- Draft Local Environmental Plan now on exhibition for the City of Parramatta Council
- Changes to Home Building Act now in effect
- New Housing Diversity SEPP to hinder build-to-rent and seniors housing developments
- Update on developer contributions
- Low Rise Housing Diversity Code now operating in all NSW local government areas
- NCC 2019 Amendment 1 has taken effect!
- The Residential Apartment Buildings (Compliance and Enforcement Powers) Act 2020 (NSW)
- Changes to what is deemed "physical commencement"
- COVID-19 buys time on DA process
- Alternative assessment introduced for large boarding houses
- Draft Design and Building Practitioners Bill 2019
- Canterbury LEP changes to Boarding Houses
- The Low Rise Medium Density Housing Code (MDHC) has been deferred again
- Changes to Certifiers' compliance powers and new provisions for CC's and OC's
- The Low Rise Medium Density Housing Code has been deferred
- NCC 2019 has taken effect!
- The introduction of the Options Paper - ‘Improving Certifier Independence’
- NSW Combustible Cladding Regulation
- IHAPS to be introduced for all Sydney Councils
- New simplified housing code
- BASIX energy targets to change
- Guide to building tolerances is released
- General Housing Code changes
- Introduction of the Inland Housing Code for Complying Development
- Complying development for dual occupancies and townhouses
- Positive changes to Home Building Compensation Fund
- New online planning tools
- BCA 2015
- Swimming Pools are now required to be registered
- NSW Government releases green paper
- BASIX Certificates are no longer free
- SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 Amendment 2011
SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 Amendment 2011 - 20 May, 2011
State Government in an aim to clear up grey areas and combat misuse of SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 have enforced the following changes today:
- Residential Flat Buildings for the private sector on land zoned R2 Low Density Residential is NO longer permitted.
- If zoning permits villas, town houses or residential flats, you can lodge an Affordable Housing application. However, there is a Character Test that requires the building to have the same form as nearby buildings in the area. This generally means only single storey towards the rear half of the allotment.
- Boarding Houses on land zoned R2 (Low Density Residential) are now required to be within 400m safe walking distance of land zoned B2 Local Centre or B4 Mixed Use (or equivalent). This is in addition to the site being 800m to a railway line and 400m to a regular bus stop or ferry service.
- The requirement for car parking is now more closely aligned with the Senior's Living Policy. This cleared the previous discrepancy where the SEPP stated that developments only required 0.5 car spaces/ unit and the Seniors Living Policy (which the SEPP makes reference to for low-rise development) required 0.5spaces/ 'bedroom' NOT 0.5spaces/ unit.
- Previously if floor space bonuses were used (for this example, say 50%) and the net yield of units was (10 x 3bedders + 10 x 1bedders), a developer was able to allocate ALL the 10 x 1bedders to be affordable and the remaining 10 x 3bedders could remain unencumbered units (ie. not affordable). This new amendment has made the bonus relate to floor space now rather than unit yield. This will ensure developers equally distribute the final unit yield more fairly.
- The 30 June, 2011 milestone no longer applies. The previous ability to propose a FSR of 0.75:1 has gone. The maximum FSR is 0.5:1 regardless of when the application is lodged.
- Building Ministers’ Meeting establishes new minimum standards for accessible dwellings - 30 Apr, 2021
- Clause 4.6 of the Standard Instrument LEP currently in review - 31 Mar, 2021
- 4 steps to acquiring a Construction Certificate and Development Application approval in Sydney - 2 Feb, 2021
- How to achieve a cost-effective building design - 27 Jan, 2021
- Draft Local Environmental Plan now on exhibition for the City of Parramatta Council - 2 Sep, 2020
- Changes to Home Building Act now in effect - 31 Aug, 2020
- New Housing Diversity SEPP to hinder build-to-rent and seniors housing developments - 24 Aug, 2020
- Update on developer contributions - 22 Jul, 2020
- Low Rise Housing Diversity Code now operating in all NSW local government areas - 1 Jul, 2020
- NCC 2019 Amendment 1 has taken effect! - 1 Jul, 2020